The friendships I have made through Women's Club are deep-rooted and include women of all ages. The women are very supportive through happy and sad times. While serving as president of the Women's Club for four years, I always had help when needed. --Maxine Feldman
Germantown Jewish Centre's Women's Club, affiliated with Women's League for Conservative Judaism, aims to strengthen and unite our congregation's women and support them in their efforts to understand and perpetuate Conservative Judaism in their homes, synagogue, and community, and to reinforce their bonds with Israel and Jews worldwide. We support the GJC congregation, its youth and religious school, and its Building Beautiful projects, and we strive to act in a moral and ethical manner that is consistent with our beliefs.
Women's Club dues are only $45 and include affiliation dues for the Women's League for Conservative Judaism and a complimentary subscription to Outlook magazine. Dues and other payments now available online with links at the bottom of this this page
Events and Activities
Germantown Jewish Centre's Women's Club invites you to join us in our many endeavors. It has been our tradition to provide funding for many programs, projects and services that benefit everyone affiliated with GJC. Our goal is for our members to share s'machot (joyous occasions) and significant life events and to work together to ensure a vibrant synagogue community. Once you become acquainted with the members of the Women's Club, you will understand the importance of our efforts and feel enriched by the genuine warmth and spirit of togetherness.
Am I Old Enough to Join Women's Club?
Whether you join or not, you are welcome to
attend any of the programs sponsored or co-sponsored by WOMEN'S CLUB. However,
paying dues helps make it possible for many projects and vital programs to take
place. You can also help collaborate with other women of GJC, to help fund
critical projects that enhance the synagogue community, making it even more
attractive for others to join.
- Paid up Membership Brunch (with Men's Club): Pay your Women's Club dues and the brunch and the program are on us.
- Purim Bash: Dancing, Purim spiel, light fare, mini live auction, great music and costumes. This is our largest fund raiser of the year.
- The Little Shop: Shop with us for gifts or something special for yourself. Support us with every purchase. Order challah delivered each week in time for Shabbat.
- Youth Outreach: Women's Club is committed to reinforcing the bond between the Centre and its college students. We send greetings, holiday gifts, treats and surprises throughout the year.
- Holiday Gifts & Treats: Distributed to all of our ECP and Religious School children.
- Child Care: We provide funding for Shabbat and High Holiday child care for children up to age 5.
- Women's Shabbat: Friday night and Saturday morning services feature our GJC women at the bimah and an honored scholar-in-residence speaker. For more information on how Women's Shabbat began--and how it has grown--read Eve Pinkenson's remarks here.
- Torah Fund Brunch: Every year we honor a Women's Club member for excellence in leadership.
- Monthly Programs: We sponsor a variety of programming throughout the year.
- Women's Clothing Giveaway - all the clothes you want for a modest donation to a worthy charity.
- Intergenerational Programs including "Sharing Our Stories, Sharing Our Lives" series and reading and Challah helpers for ECP's Camp Keshet.
- Building Beautiful projects have included: platform lift, bathroom renovations, art quilt wall-hanging in Magil Chapel, sings at Lincoln Drive, maintenance of silver Judaica.