The friendships I have made through Women's Club are deep-rooted and include women of all ages. The women are very supportive through happy and sad times. While serving as president of the Women's Club for four years, I always had help when needed. --Maxine Feldman
AM I OLD ENOUGH TO JOIN GJC WOMEN’S CLUB? and other FAQ
1. What is GJC WOMEN’S CLUB? We bring together women representing every area of GJC—every minyan, every age group—to take care of our synagogue in a unique and vital way.
2. Why should I join? When you join WOMEN’S CLUB by paying $45 annual dues you help sponsor enriching programs and important projects. You can also contribute your talents by helping with these projects. By being part of WOMEN’S CLUB, you keep GJC in the forefront of the congregation and of the community. You become part of a very special, very caring community and you build lasting friendships.
3. What does WOMEN’S CLUB do for me? In addition to providing opportunities to meet new people and have fun, WOMEN’S CLUB helps support many projects and programs, such as:
- Holiday treats and gifts for our young children and college students
- Childcare on Shabbat and High Holidays
- Funding for refurbishing classrooms and youth programming
- Organizing, stocking, and running The Little Shop
- Women’s Shabbat and Scholar in Residence weekend
- Building Beautiful (included: platform lift, bathroom renovations, art quilt wall-hanging in Magil Chapel, signs at Lincoln Drive, maintenance of silver Judaica
- Purim Bash, Torah Fund Brunch
- The Clothing Exchange and various programs with the Social Action Committee
- Timely and enriching programs on current issues of concern or just for fun.
- Sharing our Stories, Sharing our Lives: An Intergenerational Gathering of Women
- Readers and Challah Helpers to spend time with the children in ECP Camp
4. When/how to pay dues? Dues are $45 each year (Aug. to July). Please send a check (with your name, address, phone number and email) anytime of the year payable to:
Women’s Club of GJC
Attention: Mindelle Goldstein
400 W. Ellet St.
Philadelphia, PA 19119
4. What do I get for my dues? Whether you join or not, you are welcome to attend any of the programs sponsored or co-sponsored by WOMEN’S CLUB. However, paying dues helps make it possible for many projects and vital programs to take place. You can also help collaborate with other women of GJC, to help fund critical projects that enhance the synagogue community, making it even more attractive for others to join.
5. What if I’d like to help with WOMEN’S CLUB but my time is limited, and I have young children, and can’t get to many meetings? Your talents are always welcome. Join us in attending any of our enriching programs and share your ideas and interests. Let us know if you’d like to work on a project from home or have ideas for a program or new project. Currently co-presidents are: Dena Lake email@example.com and Yona Diamond Dansky firstname.lastname@example.org